Tuesday 13 January 2015

Answers to Christmas Quiz - December 2014

Thank you for all the entries for the Christmas Quiz - there were 15 hidden words, both sacred and secular, associated with Christmas.  The winner was Valerie Hitchcock of Tennyson Drive.  Well done Valerie!!

Answers:

Candle - Gift - Present - Tinsel - Card - Manger - Eve - Stocking - Tree - Angel - Bell - Carol - Holly - Santa - Donkey

Christmas again! How would we spend it this year? I must make a list or I would panic and leave something out. To start with, I was wondering if the house looked presentable. If Martin’s elderly aunt saw it in its usual state, she might have a cardiac arrest. I searched for the musical snowman Gerry bought last year but failed to locate it. Never mind. Identical ones were usually in stock in garden centres in December, but then, I don’t go to a garden centre every day. The phone rang. Elaine answered it and came back looking belligerent. “Aunt Ethel wants to bring Oliver,” she said. Oliver was Aunt Ethel’s son and the black sheep of the family. “They’re coming in the car Oliver bought when he got his licence back,” said Elaine. “Well, we’d better not leave any alcohol lying around.” I’d never seen her this antagonistic. “And I hope he gives me something better than the “I love London” keyring I got two years ago.” 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment